Mark your calendar for the annual Harbor Sailboats Opening Day celebration on April 8th. Across the country yacht clubs and sailing clubs kick off the start of the sailing season with an opening day celebration. San Diego sailing is year-around but that doesn’t mean we cant have a party too!
Who: All members and their friends and family
What: Charter any boat in the fleet and put together a crew to compete in the fun and relaxed “race” (more like a parade) around the bay. Dock BBQ/drinks and awards to follow.
When: Saturday, April 8th from 10:30am to around 6pm. Skippers will join a quick “race” (again, parade) meeting at 10:30 am with the start of the race to begin shortly after. The BBQ and good times will get going around 3pm and will go until the last person leaves!
Where: Harbor Sailboat! Skippers will check in as early as 9:00 am, complete their routine ship’s report, and be ready by 10:30 for our meeting.
Why: To enjoy a fun and competitive (for some) day of sailing and socialization with the Harbor Sailboats members and crew. Plus, who doesn’t like discounted charter rates….
Some Early Details…
- Charter any boat 32′-45′ for 20% off, boats 28′-31′ receive 50% off (Applies only to opening day participants)
- Capri and Beneteau 22’s are full day, weekend rates
- BBQ dock party and drinks included
- Trophies for 1st, 2nd, Best Dressed, and Last!
- First place boat gets 50% off that same boat in the month of April
- HS can provide a race coach for $100